July 19, 2005

New toy

Callaway Golf Woods: Big Bertha Titanium 454 Driver, The world's longest driver

I upgraded my equipment today by replacing Great Big Bertha Hawkeye 10deg with a Big Bertha 454 10deg (both stiff shaft).

I got it at Golf Galaxy (Bloomington) . I was hitting balls in their station that had a launch monitor hooked up to it so i could see swing speed, ball speed, spin rate, launch angle, smash factor and distance (both carry and total). This allowed me to try multiple brands/models and see what i hit the best and gave some analytics behind it!

Not surprisingly, the one i liked best (the 454) was the one that performed the best for me and 'felt' right. I'm looking forward to getting out and hitting it! Guess i'll be late to work tomorrow! :)

fore!
jk

1 comment:

Brian Lounsberry said...

Sweet. I need a new driver BADLY! Enjoy, my friend.