April 17, 2006

Some nice "running as non-admin" links

I was having trouble editing the power settings on my work laptop (running as non Administrator, non Power User).

So, firing up my trusy browser and favorite search engine resulted in a lot of nice links that I wanted to share.

Managing Power Options as a non-administrator

Temporary admin for your limited user account

Changing the system date, time and/or time zone (I feel less strongly about this one, but posted in case it was helpful)

and of course the granddaddy of posts:
Item 9: How to develop code as a non admin

Doing this requires some learning and some dicipline. There is a registry hack if you want to get Flash to work properly (i'll post that link sometime when i find it again).

jk

Edit 4/18/2006 12:56pm:

oops, forgot another granddaddy: Mr. Howard's Non-admin best practices in Windows XP

apologies to Mr. Howard :)
jk

No comments: