April 02, 2006

Straight and long

The golf season in MN is FINALLY here. I played my first round of the year Sat (no, not an April fools joke) at Valley View Golf Course in Belle Plaine. It was 51 degrees, cloudy and little wind, so playing conditions were very nice for April!

My first teeshot was, in fact, straight and long. My faithful blog readers know which club I hit it with, and I still love that driver!

I shot in the mid 80's which didn't dissapoint me; first round of the year typically doesn't come w/ many lofty expectations! I'm more pleased with "NO THREE PUTTS" for the round!

One of my playing companions hit a ball from the teebox into a garbage can on a different teebox, which I've never seen before! I skipped my teeshot across the ice on the 18th hole onto the fairway! Try that in Florida, baby!

The season is here. I believe the official scoring season sanctioned by the MGA is 4/15 so this was a 'free' round for my handicap.

I have no intention of blogging about each round, but figured the 1st one was noteworthy!

Fore!
jk

No comments: