November 01, 2004

Wanted: Foosball mentor

It’s obvious (to me at least) that I need some help. So, in an unprecedented move, I’m going to actually ask for help on something  albeit indirectly via a blog post!

I need to find a foosball mentor; plain and simple. If you know of someone (perhaps yourself) who can help me, please LMK. I don’t want to have to quit playing, but I just can’t take the constant a** whoopin’ that I get on a daily basis. My goal is not to be the best player, but to actually have a chance once in a while (or at least be reasonably competitive in a game).

JavaKid tells me there are web links on fooz. Maybe I’ll start there…

3 comments:

jeff said...

Since JavaKid & I (more him than me really) won in doubles last night, this blog is now open for comments...some good fooz tips/links here would be awesome!

Anonymous said...

http://www.bonziniusa.com/foosball/video/videos.htmlJake
from whoISjake.com fame

Anonymous said...

IMHO it's all about keeping one hand on the 3-man. Right when the ball gets down to your end (on defense), use your 2-man to immediately pass it back to your 3-man for a quick shot. The person you are playing will probably be playing the traditional way (all defense/all offense). Playing the traditional way takes too much time because you have to move your entire body from one end of the table to the other...

It's all about speed and shots on goal! I use to practice shots when I'd work late... If you work on the 5-man to 3-man one-timer, work on the 3-man passes and snake shots, and work on the 2-man to 3-man cross-court pass, you'll be unstoppable.

emau